Get to Know Fish Creek with the Friends
With the support of volunteers and partnering organizations, the Friends of Fish Creek are pleased to announce new and FREE family-friendly events happening monthly in 2022!
Each Get to Know Fish Creek event will feature interactive exhibits, small-group guided walks, campfires and fun activities all relating to a theme and will take place at a variety of Fish Creek Provincial Park day use areas and provide opportunities for members of the public to connect with each other and with nature while having fun outdoors. Enjoy the park and learn how to protect natural spaces as a family or cohort!
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for Health and Safety information relating to Get to Know Fish Creek.
Each event will be centered on a theme:
- February – Get to Know Winter
Saturday, February 26, 2022 from 1:00-3:00pm at Shannon Terrace (map)
- March – Get to Know Beavers
Saturday, March 26, 2022 from 1:00-3:00pm at Location to be confirmed (TBC)
- April – Get to Know Fish Creek Geology
Saturday, April 23, 2022 from 1:00-3:00pm at Location TBC
- May – Get to Know Fish Creek through Exploration
Saturday, May 28, 2022 from 1:00-3:00pm at Location TBC
- June – Get to Know Plants
Saturday, June 25, 2022 from 1:00pm-4:00pm at Location TBC
- July – Get to Know Water (event link coming soon)
Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 12:00pm to 4:00pm at Bow Valley Ranch
- August – Get to Know Bats
Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 1:00pm to 4:00pm at Location TBC
- September – Get to Know Pollinators
Saturday, September 24, 2022 from 1:00pm-4:00pm at Location TBC
- October – Get to Know the Night Sky
Saturday, October 22, 2022 from 6:00pm-8:00pm at Location TBC
- November – Get to Know the Changing Seasons
Saturday, November 26, 2022 from 1:00pm-4:00pm at Location TBC
Thank you to the following organizations for partnering with us to bring our 2022 Get to Know Fish Creek events to life:
If your non-profit and community organization would like to learn more about supporting or participating in Get to Know Fish Creek events by becoming a sponsor or hosting an interactive exhibit, activity or guided walk for attendees to enjoy, please contact Katie Bakken, Friends of Fish Creek Community Engagement Facilitator.
Help support family and youth engagement in Fish Creek with a tax deductible donation. Consider making a donation to support these free public nature connection events.
Health and Safety Info:
- Get to Know Fish Creek events will be held outdoors (with the exception of washrooms) and will follow AHS guidance for outdoor recreation facilities and public events.
- Before attending, please assess yourself and any youth you would be bringing using the Alberta Daily Health Checklist.
- Upon arrival, we ask that all attendees visit the Welcome Table to sign in (optional, for contact tracing) before circulating through the event site.
- Hand sanitizer, masks and reminders to maintain physical distance will be available throughout the event site.
- In order to keep each other safe, please follow the direction provided by Alberta Health Services relating to hand washing, masking, isolating, testing, vaccination and maintaining physical distance from those who are not in your family or cohort.
- As of November 2021, all Friends of Fish Creek volunteers and registered program participants are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination (or medical exemption) in order to take part in our registered programs. Get to Know Fish Creek is not a registered program and, as such, event attendees do not need to show proof of vaccination.