- This event has passed.
Get to Know Plants & Pollinators
Join us at Fish Creek – Canada’s largest urban provincial park – where your family or group can enjoy a wide variety of interactive, guided and self-directed activities based around the theme of Plants & Pollinators. Here are some examples of the kinds of activities that will be on offer this month:
- listen to a story by the campfire (weather dependent)
- enjoy a short, guided historical walking tour
- birding and other outdoor activities
- learn about pollinators – birds, bees and other insects
- find out why native plants are so important to the ecosystem
- develop your plant identification skills
- take in a guided sensory experience
- try your hand at nature sketching and colouring for all ages
- meet Wildsmart Ambassadors to learn how to coexist with wildlife
- discover how you can protect the park when you visit
- and much more!
Events are monthly, from February to November, 2022. Dates, times and locations vary throughout the year.
*NOTE: Event details are subject to change due to weather, facility access or other unforeseen circumstances, so please check this website to confirm event location and time before attending. Drop-ins welcome, registration not required, but helpful for planning.
A big thank you to long-time Friends of Fish Creek supporters, the Harry & Martha Cohen Foundation, for funding our 2022 Get to Know Nature events so these experiences can be offered at no charge to the public!
Thank you to all who supported our efforts to facilitate family nature experiences on GivingTuesday! Together we raised over $2,800 to support Get to Know Nature events – All Welcome! Show your support for connecting children and families with nature by donating online or by visiting the Friends of Fish Creek office in the Bow Valley Ranch. Proceeds support the purchase of equipment and resources to be used at these events and also covers staff time to coordinate volunteers and partners to bring these events to life. With your support, we can remove barriers so more families can get connected outdoors!