The Friends of Fish Creek are excited to offer our Capture Nature Photography Contest for the fourth year in a row! Capture Nature offers a fun and creative opportunity for park users to engage with their natural surroundings as they search and explore for the best images of the year! The contest is also part of the Friends “Social Enterprise” programming, with all proceeds going to support our stewardship and education activities in Fish Creek Provincial Park.
From beginning photographers to amateur professionals and youth, we invite you to submit your best park images for consideration. This year, an exciting change to the contest will allow for the public to vote on-line for their favourite photos! Contest participants are eligible for some amazing prizes from our sponsors and will also have their images considered as silent auction items for our annual fall fundraiser, A Taste of Autumn.
Plans for our 2018 contest are underway, so stay tuned for registration information.
In the meantime, here is a look at our 2017 winners!
- 1st Prize – Tony LePrieur (Great Horned Owls)
- 2nd Prize – Ken Pride (Ring-billed gull)
- 3rd Prize – Don Hladiuk (Settling pond sunrise)
- Black & White – Karen Ratliffe (Icicles)
- Landscape – Mia Sparrow (Evening Storm at Sikome)
- Macro – Karen Ratliffe (Ice crystals)
- Wildlife – Maddy Misfeldt (Baby owl)
- Black & White – William Pagie (Mallard Point bridge)
- Landscape – Don Hladiuk (Settling pond sunrise)
- Macro – Sheila Watson (Daisies)
- Wildlife – Ken Pride (Ring-billed gull)
- Milena Vasquez – Bebo Grove pine cone
For contest information or prize donation inquiries, contact Shana Barbour, Program Coordinator, at 403-238-3841 or firstname.lastname@example.org