Creekfest – Get to Know Nature!
- This event has passed.
Saturday, July 16, 2022
Bow Valley Ranch, Fish Creek Provincial Park
Free and Fun for the Whole Family!
Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Friends’ Creekfest event as we combine this free summer time festival with the new Get to Know Nature program. Come and spend the day in the park, and take in the following opportunities:
- Discover what the Friends of Fish Creek are doing to protect the park
- Be creative, build, experiment and play at the Kids’ Adventure Play Space hosted by Get Outside and Play and provided by Shawnee Evergreen Community Association
- Learn about the birds, fish, beavers and other wildlife that live in Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Say hi to the stuffed bison in the Visitor Centre, and check out the gallery while you’re there
- Enjoy a cold drink while you enjoy the event and activities
- Take in a free walking tour with Friends of Fish Creek Volunteer Dennis Burns who grew up in what is now the Ranche Restaurant (1:15-2:00pm)
- Immerse yourself in nature at the sensory station
- Safely view the amazing solar activity of the sun through a telescope
- Tap into your creative side at our nature sketching and colouring station
- Find out how you can avoid problem encounters with wildlife at the Wildsmart station
- Get your Conservation Passport stamped at each station, and enter for a draw to win Sikome Aquatic Facility passes and a Smore’s kit!
Join us at Creekest to learn how you can be a good steward of the land and water from a wide variety of community organizations such as the Shawnee-Evergreen Community Association, Fish Creek Watershed Association, Elbow River Watershed Partnership, Northwest Wildlife Preservation Society, Bettina Sieger – Artist, Youth Central, Jim Pescott, Artist, Alberta Invasive Species Council, Ann & Sandy Cross Conservation Area, Calgary River Valleys, Biosphere Institute of the Bow Valley, Weaselhead/Glenmore Park Prservation Society, Alberta Environment and Parks, Decathlon Calgary, Alberta Community Bat Program, Friends of Kananaskis Country, Calgary Bridge Foundation for Youth, Bow Habitat Station, Get Outside and Play, and more!
Featuring Special Guest Bud Edgar, Joker & Trick Roper.
Bud shares a long history with Fish Creek and the Bow Valley Ranch as his father worked as Head Herdsman when this area was part of Pat Burns’ ranch. http://comedycowboy.blogspot.com/
This page will be updated as planning proceeds. Stay tuned for more information!
This year’s Creekfest event is part of our series of FREE, monthly Get to Know Nature events.
Thank you to our 2022 Creekfest Supporters:
Thank you to Creekfest Partners: